Indulge in complimentary wine, beer or another beverage while basking in the expansive views from the garden. Enjoy the grounds by throwing a few horse shoes or spend crisp evenings indoors relaxing with a glass of port by the warm glow of the living room fire.
All of our guest rooms have luxury linens, spa robes and free wireless high-speed internet access. Most rooms also have stoves, lighted make-up mirrors and exceptional views. Visit our Rooms and Rates page for specifics.
Feel free to explore our Media Room which includes:
- Apple computer with high speed internet access
- Books, games, and brochures for local attractions
- Refrigerator stocked with complimentary soda and bottled water
As much as she’d love to greet you at the front door, our yellow lab Stella is not allowed in the guest areas of the house. She’s happy to share her slobbery toys with you in the yard for games of tug-of-war and fetch. If you prefer not to meet her when you’re out in our gardens, just let us know and we’ll be happy to bring her inside.
We want to preserve the beauty of Rappahannock County for generations to come, so we're making strides to reduce our impact on the environment and are proud members of Virginia's Green Lodging program. Here's a list of some of the things we're doing:
- About 70% of our inn is illuminated with compact fluorescent bulbs.
- We replaced our entire heating and air conditioning system with an energy efficient model.
- We replaced our washer and dryer with high-efficiency models.
- We replaced older toilets with low-consumption models that save gallons of water with every flush.
- We encourage our guests to reuse towels by only replacing those left on the floor.
- We recycle all cans, bottles and newspapers used here.
- We use "green" cleaners and avoid using bleach as much as possible
- All guest rooms have ceiling fans to help regulate temperature.
- Our extensive gardens and lawn are 100% organic; they're not treated with any pesticides.
- Whenever possible, we buy local organic food. Buying locally means less packaging, less fuel used for delivery, and fresher quality.
We're always exploring new ways to save energy and cut down on waste, so there are more projects in the works!